How to reduce file size in Revit?
I'm already at 390mb and I need to know how to reduce my file size, any suggestions?
Compact your file, good luck!
1. Purge model
2. Delete unused famililes.
3. Delete reference line & detail line, model line which is not in used in family & same as follow for project.
4. When you linked or import cad file in model then file size will increase, delete or removed cad file once you finish your work.
5. When you save central file, tick on compact file option then file size will reduce.
Save it as another file, this sometimes works.
It's hard to answer the question without looking at the model, but here's few basics you can try -
1. Purge the model to remove unused families, materials, etc.
2. Try to look at used families' sizes. Take the biggest ones and purge them or even simplify them for your needs - ad load them back into model.
3. Get rid of any unnecessary imported or linked CAD files. While linked files are easy to remove from dialog box, imported files are a nightmare. But there are a few add-ins for this. Search 'reviTTools' on Google.
4. See if you can delete any redundant views or sheets.
5. If you have any 'In-Place' families, try to replace them with component (external) families.
6. At last, detach-audit the model.
If all this does not get you a fairly workable model, you might want to split the model into multiple Revit files - e.g. one for exterior, the other for interior etc.
Question Topicsfile size Revit file Revit file size reduce Revit size Autodesk Revit reduce file Revit help file reduce file size BIM Revit